Marinated chicken skewers with vegetables
A great meal for “beginners” or for those who have limited time to spend on cooking. It can be served with everything such as rice, bulgur or whole grain pita bread. Prepare your weekly menu and make many skewers for the week since the longer they stay in the marinade, the softer and tastier they will be.
Ingredient for 10 skewers:
- 500 g chicken breast (in cubes)
- ½ cup low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Chopped vegetables into medium cubes (onion, tomato, zucchini, bell peppers)
*tbsp: tablespoon tsp: tablespoon cup: 250ml
- Cut the chicken into small pieces – skewer size.
- Place them in a bowl and mix the yogurt, lemon juice and spices- Stir until mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or during the night.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Pass the chicken on the skewers with the vegetables.
- Cook on the grill, over medium to high temperature.
- Cook for 10 – 12 minutes.
Nutritional Value per serving (2 sticks – 100g chicken):
Energy / Calories: 182 Kcal
Fat: 1.5 g
Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
Protein: 30.6 g
Vitamins and minerals:
Vitamin B6: 35% *
* Percentage of Reference Daily Intake
Clinical Dietitian -nutritionist, MSc