Homemade Hazelnut Praline
Try our new delicious hazelnut praline without added sugar!
- 230g hazelnuts, raw and unsalted
- 2 tbsp honey (if it’s too thick you can first boil it)
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80-90 ml milk of your choice (cow, almond or coconut)
- 40g melted milk chocolate or dark chocolate (depending on your preference) optional
* tsp: teaspoon, tbsp: tablespoon, g: grams
- Add the hazelnuts in a non-stick saucepan, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as they start to get warm and start peeling off and remove from the heat.
- Peel by rubbing them with your hands or a towel.
- Put them in the blender until they form a thick cream.
- Gradually, add the remaining ingredients in the blender.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, your homemade hazelnut praline is ready!
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Dietitian’s Tip : Enjoy it as a spread on your crackers, or as a garnish on your homemade oat pancakes (find the recipe here: https://www.changeeat.com.cy/en/delicious-pancakes-with-our-favorite-quaker-oats/ )
Nutritional value per 1 tablespoon:
Energy / Calories: 68 kcal
Saturated fat: 0.4g
Carbohydrates: 3.5 g.
Protein: 1. g
Vitamins & Minerals:
Manganese: 30% *
Vitamin E: 7%
* Based on a 2000kcal Recommended Daily Intake Rate.
Clinical Dietitian – Nutritionist, RD, MSc