Whole-wheat spaghetti a la puttanesca
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca … Some claim that the name comes from the fact that this dish is very quick to cook and eat. However, it has a remarkable flavor, is easy, and is made of ingredients easily kept on hand.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 10 ripen tomatoes
- 250 ml tomato sauce
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 15 black or green olives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp capers (chopped)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
*Tbsp: Tablespoon Tsp: Teaspoon Cup: 250ml
- Prepare the pasta as indicated on the package
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and cook them in a pot with the olive oil
- Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and let it boil for 15 minutes
- Add the olives, capers, oregano, basil, thyme, chili flakes, salt and pepper
- Let it cook for another 15 minutes
- Serve with parmesan flakes
Dietitian’s Tip: Do it like Italians. Since this sauce is so simple, you do need to use fresh seasonal ingredients when making it for the best results (taste and nutrition).
Nutritional Value per serving :
Energy / Calories: 526 Kcal
Fat: 18 γρ.
Carbohydrates: 83 γρ.
Fiber: 18 γρ.
Protein: 16 γρ.
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin A: 91%
Vitamin B6: 43%
Vitamin C: 127% *
Folic Acid: 33.5%
Pantothenic acid 25%
* Percentage of Recommended Daily Intake based on a 2000 kcal.
Clinical Dietitian – Nutritionist, MSc