Pizza with Quaker Oats and vegetables
This unusual pizza crust will impress all the family, and is a great source of vitamin C, iron and calcium.
For the base (for 3 servings):
- 1 sweet potato, large (boiled)
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Toppings (for 3 servings)
- 1 tbsp. tomato pure
- 4 – 5 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, light
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Bring the sweet potato to boil for 20 – 25 minutes
- Blend the Quaker Oats in a high speed blender, and add the boiled sweet potato together with all spices. Blend until the dough becomes smooth.
- Spray the baking tray with olive oil and lay over the base dough.
- Bake the base dough for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 οC.
- In the meantime, you can chop all the vegetables.
- Spread the tomato puree and the tomato sauce over the dough base. Add the cheese and then the vegetables in such a way to create a rainbow effect.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 180 οC until the vegetables are soft.
- Your pizza is ready to enjoy!
Dietitian’s Tip: This delicious pizza is ideal for people with gluten sensitivity or with celiac disease. Moreover, is the perfect way to get some of your 5 a day.
Nutrition information per serving:
- Energy: 422kcal
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 19g