Pasta with pesto and cottage cheese!
Are you ready to shake up your pasta game? This zesty and creamy pasta is a nutrient-packed dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. So, if you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying dinner look no further than this easy and flavorful pasta recipe!
Ingredients (for 1 portion):
- 1 cup wholewheat spaghetti (cooked)
- Grilled bell peppers or cherry tomatoes (as desired)
- 100g cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp pesto
*tbsp: tablespoon, cup: 250ml
- Start by grilling your bell peppers or cherry tomatoes, either on a grill or in an air fryer, until they are soft and slightly charred. Set them aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions and then drain.
- In a large pan combine the spaghetti, cottage cheese and pesto.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Lastly, add the grilled bell peppers or cherry tomatoes to the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix everything until the spaghetti is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve your pasta dish with a garnish of fresh basil or grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Dietitians Tip: This quick and easy recipe is perfect for a light lunch or dinner and can be customized with your favorite vegetables. You can even make your own homemade pesto with fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil, providing a rich source of antioxidants and healthy fats. The cottage cheese adds a boost of protein and calcium, making this a well-rounded and delicious meal.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy(Kcal): 500 kcal
Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist, BSc, MSc