Overnight Quaker oats with apple and cinnamon
Ideal for a quick breakfast straight from the fridge.
Ingredients (for 1 portion):
- ½ apple, grated
- ½ cup Quaker Oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup low fat yoghurt
- ½ cup unsweetened oat milk or other milk of your choosing
- Topping: 15g Quaker Cruesli with oats and nuts
- In a jar, add Quaker Oats, grated apple, chia seeds, yoghurt, cinnamon, salt, and milk.
- Stir to combine all ingredients well.
- Cover the jar with a plastic membrane or a lid.
- Set in the fridge to soak overnight.
- Serve with Quaker Cruesli, fresh apple slices, walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon in the morning.
Dietitian’s Tip: To keep the fiber content high, do not peel the apple. The mixture can last about 3 days in your fridge.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy: 294 kcal
Total Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrate: 51 g
Protein: 14 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.