Orzo with seafood
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 2 cups cooked whole grain orzo
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, slices
- 1 kg seafood (shrimps, calamari etc)
- ½ cup. white wine
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Fresh pepper
- Pinch of oregano
Tbsp. = tablespoon tsp.: teaspoon cup.: 240ml cup
- Cooked the orzo according to the package instructions. When cooked, set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add olive oil and sauté the onion and the garlic.
- Then add the mushrooms and then add the seafood.
- Add the white wine and cover for 3 – 5 minutes, cool to medium heat.
- Add the parsley, paprika, pepper and salt to taste.
- At the end add a pinch of oregano.
- Combine the orzo with seafood and serve with light cheese and green salad.
Nutrition Information per portion:
Energy/ Calories: 375kcal
Clinical Dietitian – Nutritionist, MSc