Chocolate Crunchies with Quaker Oats!
The ultimate pre-workout snack:
For those looking for a sweet and filling snack before exercise, the following recipe with Quaker Oats will fuel you through your vigorous exercise routine and it will keep you full until your next snack or meal.
Ingredients (20 bars):
- 2/3 cup raw millet
- 2 cups Quaker oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Cook the millet in 2 cups of water in a medium sized saucepan.
- Preheat the oven to 160 oC.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked millet, Quaker oats, desiccated coconut, seeds, goji berries, cinnamon, baking powder and the eggs.
- Combine the honey and peanut butter in a separate bowl and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the seeds and fold through using a spatula.
- Transfer this mixture into the baking dish and press flat using the spatula.
- Bake to 180 oC for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Pour melted chocolate on the cooled crunchie base and refrigerate to set.
- Slice and enjoy.
Nutritional Value per bar:
Energy: 267 kcal
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 5 g
Fat: 11.5 g
Protein: 8 g