Chicken with mushrooms and red sweet wine!
Are you craving a delicious meal after a long day? I have an easy and quick recipe for you. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare it and you can combine it great with rice or mashed potatoes. You have to try it. I guarantee you will love it!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 400g skinless chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 120g red wine
- 1 vegetable stock, unsalted, dissolved in 1 glass of water
- Salt and pepper
*g: grams tbsp: tablespoon 15ml
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a pan add the olive oil and saute the chicken for 4 – 5 minutes, on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and the mushrooms to the pan and sauté until they have released their moisture and are tender.
- Pour in the red wine and let it cook until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the chicken and stock to the pan, then simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Flip the chicken over once during cooking to ensure even cooking on both sides.
- Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Nutritional value per serving
Energy/ Calories: 495kcal
Clinical Dietitian- Nutritionist, RD, MSc