Chicken satay is one of the most popular Asian appetizers that everyone loves, served with THE BEST creamy peanut sauce! This is a high calorie and high protein meal.
Ingredient (for 4 servings/ 8 skewers ):
- 500g chicken breast in small pieces (in 8 skewers)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
*tbsp: tablespoon tsp: tablespoon cup: 250ml
- Marinade: Mix all ingredients in a bowl (apart from the chicken)
- Cut the chicken in small cubes and marinate in the mixture (20 minutes or the night before)
- Thread each piece of chicken onto a bamboo skewer
- Place skewers lined in a baking pot and cover with the remaining marinate.
- Bake covered in foil for 10-15 minutes and then remove foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes (until thoroughly cooked – you should be having a caramelized sauce in the baking pot)
Dietitians Tip: This is a dish with high caloric value due to the peanut butter. You can enjoy it with steamed basmati rice and vegetables.
Nutritional Value per serving (2 skewers):
Energy: 643 kcal
Fat: 28 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g
Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
Carbohydrate: 64 g
Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin E: 25 %
Magnesium: 30 %
Manganese: 20 %
Niacin: 104 %
Phosphorus: 44 %
Selenium: 38 %
*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 kcal diet.
Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist, MSc