French Toast with Honey Oros Maxaira
Easy classic French toast recipe with a small twist of added protein due to the extra egg whites. This is one of our family’s favorite breakfasts with simple pantry ingredients.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
● 1 egg
● 2 egg whites
● 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
● 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
● 1/4 cup milk
● 4 slices bread
● 1 tsp olive oil
● 4 tbsp honey – Oros Maxaira
● 1 cup berries
*tbsp: tablespoon tsp: tablespoon cup:250ml
1. Beat the eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow dish. Stir in milk.
2. Soak each side of the bread in the mixture.
3. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat and spread olive oil all over the bottom.
4. Cook bread slices until browned on both sides.
5. Serve with Oros Maxaira honey and fresh or frozen berries.
Dietitians Tip: You can add one extra egg white if you want to further increase the protein content of your meal.
Nutritional Value per serving (2 slices):
● Energy: 382 kcal
● Fat: 6g
● Carbohydrate: 71 g
● Protein: 13 g
Clinical Dietitian -nutritionist, MSc