Chicken Korma Rice
Ingredient for 4 servings:
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped in small cubes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 tablespoons korma paste (or powder)
- 1 cup basmati rice (200 g)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cups water (500 mL)
- ½ cup raisin
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, low fat
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
*tbsp: tablespoon tsp: tablespoon cup: 250ml
- Fry sliced onions and garlic in with the olive oil until softened.
- Add sliced chicken breasts and fry until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, fry for a couple minutes.
- Add korma paste, stir in and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook for 30 more seconds (you can semi pre-cook the rice to speed up the process)
- Add stock cube, raisins and 500ml (2 cups) water.
- Cover with foil and cook for 15 minutes (add more water if the rice is not cooked well)
- Uncover, stir in ½ cup yogurt and spinach until wilted.
- Serve with the remaining yogurt and coriander. Enjoy!
Dietitians Tip: Make it Vegan by substituting the chicken with korma marinated tofu!
Nutritional Value per serving:
- Energy: 551kcal
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrate: 56 g
- Protein: 38 g
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A: 133 %
- Vitamin B-6: 51%
- Vitamin C: 54%
- Calcium: 24 %
*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 kcal diet.
Clinical Dietitian – Nutritionist, MSc