Greek Salad with cottage cheese & pasta
Ingredient for 2 servings:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 red or green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 Kalamata olives
- Pickles (kapari or caper)
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta (fusilli or penne)
- 250g cottage cheese, low fat
- salt and pepper to taste
*tbsp: tablespoon tsp: tablespoon cup: 250ml
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the label, let them cool and set aside.
- Prepare all of the vegetables, cheese and olives and transfer to a large salad bowl and toss.
- Add the pasta, the olive oil, the vinegar and the oregano and toss again.
- Adjust flavor with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Energy: 512 kcal
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrate: 70 g
- Protein: 26 g
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin A:40 %
- Vitamin C:616 %
- Folate: 56%
- Iron: 24%
- Niacin: 29%
- Riboflavin: 38%
- Thiamin: 46%
*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 kcal diet.
Clinical Dietitian -nutritionist, MSc