Raw Oat bars
Oatmeal bars full of taste and energy. Consume them as a quick breakfast or as a healthy snack.
Ingredients for 15 bars:
- 1 cup dried dates (without the seeds)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts e.g. almonds, hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tahini or peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
* cup: 1 cup 250ml
- Pour the dates in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the oats and beat again.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir with your hands until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Cover the baking sheet and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until it thickens.
- Then cut into bars.
How to store: Oat bars can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for approximately 1 week.
Nutritional value per bar:
Energy / Calories: 168 kcal
Vitamins & Minerals:
Manganese: 14% *
*Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 kcal diet.
Clinical Dietitian – Nutritionist, RD, MSc